Lay-by Terms and Conditions
These Lay-by Terms and Conditions ("Terms") govern the use of our lay-by service at Hide & Seek Kids. By entering into a lay-by agreement with us, you agree to abide by these Terms, as well as the applicable Australian Consumer Law requirements. Please read these Terms carefully before proceeding with a lay-by.
- A non-refundable deposit of $150 is required for each new lay-by.
- The deposit becomes non-refundable after the expiration of the 7-day cooling off period.
- The deposit must be paid within 5 business days to secure the lay-by. Failure to do so may result in lay-by cancellation.
Cooling off period:
- The cooling off period begins upon payment of the deposit, as indicated on your invoice.
- The standard lay-by term is 90 days.
- For Christmas lay-bys, the term is rolling, with the final day for Christmas lay-by being 22nd November 2023.
- All lay-by payments must be completed by the specified final day, which can be found on your lay-by invoice.
- Lay-bys from Hide & Seek Kids are self-managed, allowing you the flexibility to make payments as frequently and in whatever amounts you prefer.
- Once a Lay-by is completed Hide & Seek Kids will organise for your order to be dispatched. Hide & Seek Kids can not hold your order and delay shipment.
- The only accepted payment method for lay-bys is via bank deposit.
- Cash payments are accepted for settling outstanding balances when collecting your order from our location.
- If you decide to cancel your lay-by after the cooling off period or fail to collect your lay-by items by the due date, we will refund all amounts paid, except for the $150 non-refundable deposit.
- Lay-by cancellations must be requested through our "contact us" page on the Hide & Seek Kids website.
- Sale items are not eligible for inclusion in a lay-by.
- Goods under a lay-by must be fully paid for before they can be collected.
Australian Consumer Law Requirements:
- In addition to these Terms, your lay-by agreement is also subject to the requirements of the Australian Consumer Law.
- Your rights under the Australian Consumer Law, including guarantees and remedies for faulty or unsatisfactory goods, are not affected by these Terms.
By initiating a lay-by with Hide & Seek Kids, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agreed to these Lay-by Terms and Conditions. These Terms, along with any relevant invoices and communication, constitute the entire agreement between you and Hide & Seek Kids regarding the lay-by arrangement. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us through the provided "contact us" page on our website.